Enrolment - Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT’S POLICY ON SCHOOL ENROLMENTS?The enrolment policy states that all students are entitled to enrol at their designated neighbourhood government school. Most Government schools in Victoria have a designated neighbourhood area and a corresponding boundary.
DET Enrolment Policy (click to open)
DET Placement Policy (click to open)
Find My School (click to open)
- HOW DO I APPLY FOR ENROLMENT AT STRATHMORE SECONDARY COLLEGE?
- If you are applying for a place in Year 7, parents with students in Grade 6 will receive the relevant documentation through your primary school Transition Coordinator. The Year 7 Placement Forms are issued by the Department of Education and Training and returned to your primary school by the specified date.
- The policy states that all students are entitled to enrol at their designated neighbourhood government school.
- Strathmore Secondary College follows the Priority Order of Placement clause in the Policy when enrolling students. Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest to the school.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
Permanent place of address is the address a child permanently resides at with a custodial parent or legal guardian at the time of enrolment. Proof of permanent place of address will require families to supply appropriate evidence and, in some cases, a Statutory Declaration. Permanent Address Guidelines for Schools
Yes, you may apply for entry to the school. The above criteria will determine acceptance of your enrolment application.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION?
Email Zelda Astell, Enrolments Officer, if you have questions about applying for a place in Year 7.